Rural Crime Prevention Programs

Vacant Property Monitoring Program

Did you know that if you are out of town, you can sign up to have a County Officer add your house to their daily patrol route?

Camrose County residents heading out of town, whether it be for a single night or longer, can sign up through the Camrose County Protective Services Department to have the County Officers check in on your property while you’re away from home.

Call 780-672-4449 to sign up for the Vacant Property Monitoring Program. Click here to get the Vacant Property Monitoring Waiver.


Rural Crime Prevention through Environmental Design (CPTED)

Camrose County Peace Officers have been trained in CPTED principles by the Edmonton Police Service Crime Prevention Unit and are available for assistance if you have questions.

Crime Prevention through Environmental Design is a set of design principles such as lighting, natural access control, natural surveillance, and maintenance that discourage crime and promote security.  

See the full brochure here!